Stemilt Growers Ultimate Apple Pie & Dessert Bakeoff
The Stemilt Growers Ultimate Apple Pie & Dessert Bake-Off and PROSPECTOR PIES Pie Eating Contest
Sunday, May 5 @ 3PM in Memorial Park
Bake-Off Apps HERE
Pie Eating Apps HERE
The winners of the 2012 Stemilt Growers
Ultimate Apple Pie & Dessert Bake-Off were:
- Best Presentation and $50, goes to Jennifer Peterson
- Best Crust and $50, goes to Avis Scharlau’s apple pie.
- Best Filling and $50 went to Amber Gale’s “Granny’s Caramel Apple Pie - She used 8 cups of Granny Smith apples and a crushed heath bar topping.
- Best Presentation and $50 goes to Avis Scharlau’s Danish Apple Cheesecake
- Most Original and $50 went to Ann Mulligan’s Apple Charlotte made with ladyfingers, 4 Granny Smith apples, apple juice, and an Almond Cream topping.
- Best Apple Flavor and $50 went to Reilly Schoening’s Drizzled German Apple Cake which used 4 cups of Fuji apples
**Best of Show: went to Lin Stearns’ Bavarian Apple Torte with a cream cheese filling, 3 apples, and sliced almonds.
Judges taking their first slice
Judges West & Courtney Mathison