An Apple Blossom Documentary
THANK YOU TO OUR PROUD CENTURY SPONSORS:
To stay updated on this film's progress and for first access to premiere events,
join our Apple Blossom Documentary mailing list!
About the Project:
The Apple Blossom Festival is celebrating its 100th Anniversary in 2019 and producing a documentary film presented by Stemilt Growers as way to honor this remarkable milestone. Wenatchee’s own North 40 Productions will be responsible for production of the feature film.
The documentary will follow the 2018 Apple Blossom royalty selection process as well as the events of 2018 Festival. It will provide the opportunity to conduct extensive research into the Wenatchee Valley’s history in respect to the Apple Blossom Festival, tracking its evolution from 1920 to present day. Additionally, the film will pay tribute to the people who started the festival and all those who have been involved in the last hundred years.
- Winter 2018 - Follow the 2018 Royalty selection process
- Winter 2018 - Identify key project sponsors
- Spring 2018 - Film the 2018 Apple Blossom Festival, Volunteers and Festival “Goers”
- Summer/Fall 2018 - Conduct historical research and interviews, and acquire archival media
- Winter 2019 - Finalize production filming at 2019 pageant
- Winter 2019 - Pre-sell the film and tickets to the premiere through a crowdfunding campaign
- Spring 2019 - Edit and complete the feature documentary
- Spring 2019 - World premiere of the film at the 2019 Apple Blossom Festival